Friday, December 24, 2004

The Christmas Spirit, Sluts And A Puddle Of Vomit

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it and Happy Hanukah to those who celebrate that.

Just came back from a X'mas Eve party in Bangsar. I went to a club called Absolute. The music of choice? RnB and Hip-Hop. It wasn't great nor was it horrible. The best part of the part was when they started pumping out some classics like 'Jump Around', "Hit 'em Up" etc etc. The worst part was they loved to replay the same songs over and over again which really pissed me off. The Christmas Party Spirit was definately there.

Of course, so were the Sluts. Lots of 'em. I mean as much as I enjoy eye-candy but some were downright nasty that they should've been wearing clear heels (a brownie point to those that understand) Hell, it was entertaining to watch but depressing at the same time. Have parties devovled to such low standards in Bangsar?

The Puddle of Vomit, ah good ol' Uncle UpChuck. I'll have to thank my friends for the free alcohol and supportive advice. Yes, I know that drowning yourself in drink is like escaping reality and forgetting whatever happened. Well, for the most part, I didn't care and I just wanted a place to escape too. And so, the amount of cigarettes smoked and the alcohol downed did not agree to my body. Rejected everything it did. The fact that I skipped dinner even made it worse. However, I still had a good time and yes, I've sobered up already. You see, due to my recent break-up, I've been down and constantly deep in thought. Most of them useless and contained wishful thinking but I decided that today I should party hard and do all the vices before I go 100% clean. I shit you not. I'm going clean from drink, tobacco and swine. Hell, I've even started jogging. That was this morning when I couldn't sleep! The hardest will be the fight against Big Tobacco and it's many influences.

I know that cleaning up my act won't get back my old relationship but if it'll make me feel better about myself and let me feel alive again. This reminds me of a griptape that had the writing, "Can I Live Now?"

Well, the answer to the question relies on my own self-discipline. With that, I end my post for today as I need to catch up on some sleep. I haven't slept for the past..... 46hours. I recall someone saying that your body would stop functioning if you don't sleep for more than 48 hours. It's too early for me to leave this joint so I'm gonna go to sleep and collect the parts of my soul that I left behind.

Cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home